The State Armory Chamber Excursion
The State Armory Chamber is one of the most famous museums in Russian Federation with very rich and beautiful collection. Some of the exhibits were made in the Kremlin’s workshops, others were accepted as ambassadorial gifts. It is situated in the building constructed in 1851 by architect Konstantin Ton. It was built for preservation and exhibition of tsar’s treasury collection and was the first building constructed especially for museum purposes.
Nowadays the collection consists of:
- The largest unique collection of pottery and jewelry, made by Russian craftsmen during the 12 – 20th centuries, including the biggest in the world collection of Faberge eggs.
- Several collections of West European artistic silver, made in 13th -19th centuries, including largest in the world collection of English artistic silver of 16th-17th centuries.
- Ceremonial weapons and arms of 12- 19th centuries, ancient state regalia.
- Vestments of the Russian Orthodox Church’s hierarchs and secular clothes, ceremonial dresses of 18th-20thcenturies.
- Rare unique collection of carriages and horse ceremonial harness.
- Thrones and crowns (including the Monomach’s cap, Hiericon’s cap – helmet) and old state treasuries.
The State Armory Chamber presents more than four thousands items of Russian art.
The highest artistic level and historical and cultural value of the exhibits have made the State Armory Chamber of the Moscow Kremlin a worldwide known museum. It attracts millions of visitors from around the world. During The State Armory Chamber excursion, you will have a chance to find out features of etiquette and diplomacy of life at the royal court. Learn about international connections between Moscovia, Russian Tsar Empire and other countries.
Please, order The State Armory Chamber excursion in advance.
Excursions are held at particular time – 10.00, 12.00, 14.30, 16.3 daily, except Thursday.
The tour duration is 1.5 hours.
Price of excursion includes: entrance ticket, guide services.
|Price per person||English||German, Spanish, Italian, French|
|2 pax||68 EUR||76 EUR|
|3-4 pax||53 EUR||58 EUR|
|5-6 pax||41 EUR||44 EUR|